When people say “culture is meant to be shared” I’m literally like ???? Because that has literally never been the purpose of any culture. Culture is about identity, community and family. It’s about tradition. It is not and has never been about “sharing”.
- Culture refers to the cumulative deposit of knowledge, experience, beliefs, values, attitudes, meanings, hierarchies, religion, notions of time, roles, spatial relations, concepts of the universe, and material objects and possessions acquired by a group of people in the course of generations through individual and group striving.
- Culture is communication, communication is culture.
- Culture in its broadest sense is cultivated behavior; that is the totality of a person’s learned, accumulated experience which is socially transmitted, or more briefly, behavior through social learning.
- A culture is a way of life of a group of people—the behaviors, beliefs, values, and symbols that they accept, generally without thinking about them, and that are passed along by communication and imitation from one generation to the next.
- Culture is symbolic communication. Some of its symbols include a group’s skills, knowledge, attitudes, values, and motives. The meanings of the symbols are learned and deliberately perpetuated in a society through its institutions.
- Culture consists of patterns, explicit and implicit, of and for behavior acquired and transmitted by symbols, constituting the distinctive achievement of human groups, including their embodiments in artifacts; the essential core of culture consists of traditional ideas and especially their attached values; culture systems may, on the one hand, be considered as products of action, on the other hand, as conditioning influences upon further action.
- Culture is the sum of total of the learned behavior of a group of people that are generally considered to be the tradition of that people and are transmitted from generation to generation.
- Culture is a collective programming of the mind that distinguishes the members of one group or category of people from another.
And here’s another definition I found pretty useful.
Culture is the systems of knowledge shared by a relatively large group of people.
"CULTURES SHOULD NOT BE SHARED
SEGREGATION SHOULD BE LAW
NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING THAT’S NOT A PART OF THEIR CULTURE BECAUSE WHITEY IS EVIL”
How do SJWs get so obsessed with race that they become completely racist and not realize it at all?
How self-absorbed can you possibly be?
"I have had friends bear witness to white people at a rally for Mike Brown in LA this past Sunday co-opt and erase antiblackness and lead chants of “We are all Mike Brown” when they will never be Mike Brown." via owning-my-truth
That is how white supremacy works. The misdirection and deflection of issues pertaining to Blackness to centralize whiteness is what it does. You don’t even have to be cognizant to what you’re doing to participate. It has been this way for so long, that it’s as natural as breathing. Whiteness must usurp the victim. Many white “allies” can’t just offer solidarity and fight alongside you for justice. They want to pretend that the plight of Black people is theirs as well.
After Trayvon Martin was murdered, white “allies” did the same thing. They chanted “we are all Trayvon Martin”. I know, I saw them at rallies in NYC. It is quite off-putting to witness a white person say that they too are Trayvon Martin. A white mom at the Union Square Trayvon Martin rally with her white son in tow said “I’m afraid for the future. This could be my son too.” Someone told her that her son could never be Trayvon Martin because he is white. She then feigned ignorance and relegated back to the comfort of a colorblind world. She said “I don’t see color, we all bleed red”. Here she was, at the rally of a boy who was followed and murdered because he was Black, and she’s spouting colorblind ideology.
This is a problem with the mentality of many white “allies”. They erase Blackness to generalize issues that directly affect Black people. Anti-Blackness affects Black people and no one else. White people have an aversion to using terms like anti-Blackness and white supremacy in discourse on discrimination and injustice because those are not ambiguous terms open to interpretation. It points directly to the problem and the perpetrators. For comfort, they will hide behind the cloak of a term like “racism” instead. Racism goes both ways in their estimation. They too can be victims of it. Big bad Black meanies are “reverse racists” all the time. One time, a scary Black person called them a “honky”. Armored vehicles are rolling in on Ferguson, but “reverse racism” y’all!
When you say white supremacy, there is no dancing around that. This is why when Black people bring up issues pertaining specifically to Black people and anti-Blackness, it becomes a problem for many whites. Merely addressing the problem is a problem for them. They will accuse you of “playing the race card”. Issues pertaining to Black people must be sanitized and rebranded as “human issues” “class warfare” etc. Intersection does not exist for them. If Black issues are not rebranded, they will be misdirected or deflected. They will say “It happens to everybody” as the streets remain crimson with Black blood.
This mindset doesn’t only manifest itself in tragedy, it manifests itself in anything pertaining to Black people that whiteness wants to consume. It could be the arts. Black arts are communal. It’s for everyone. You can’t even discuss the origins of the art itself without whiteness taking issue. See Black music for instance. Participation in the culture for whiteness is not enough, whiteness must own it.
Whiteness has a parasitic relationship with Blackness. Blackness is their host body. Whiteness will claim ownership over the Black body, even in death. From Sarah Baartman to Henrietta Lacks to Trayvon Martin. They must possess you. If not literally, then figuratively. This is how they too have become Mike Brown.
- Clayton PD and STL Co. PD aren’t letting people in to deliver petitions
- Reports say that Darren Wilson was taken to the hospital after he murdered Mike Brown. His x-rays came back negative and he was treated for a swollen face. BUT…
- Why is money being raised to support Darren Wilson? Report the “Support Darren Wilson” GoFundMe page
- Gov. Nixon says he will not appoint a special prosecutor to Mike Brown case. Gov. Nixon is a busy man.
- Edwardsville teachers told to “change the subject" if Ferguson comes up
- Message truck
- Mike Brown memorial pictures: (x) (x) (x) (x) (x) (x) (x)
- Demand change. #HANDSUP
- Clean up continues
- Seriously, SUPPORT FERGUSON
- W. Florissant open to traffic again (x) (x)
- Police have been monitoring social media
- State of emergency still in effect
- I ❤ Ferguson. We are family.
I don’t think I know anyone with this background, but maybe we can signal boost. One major thing the Ferguson organizers have been asking for specifically for several days is for service donations from mental health professionals with a background in trauma counseling, people of color would be preferable for obvious reasons. If you know someone who might be willing to either to go to Ferguson or do tele-sessions, please direct them to this form.
"Consensual sex" is just sex. To say that implies that there is such a thing as "non consensual sex", which there isn’t. That’s rape. That is what it needs to be called. There is only sex or rape. Do not teach people that rape is just another type of sex. They are two very separate events. You wouldn’t say "breathing swimming" and "non breathing swimming", you say swimming and drowning.